Roasted vegetables- A healthyful and simple way to coax out the sweetness.
Taking vegetables and sprinkling them with a home made balsamic glaze, then roasting them in the oven doesn’t get easier than this. The cutting of the vegetables will take you the most time. The balsamic glaze takes minutes and the oven & a timer is in charge of the vegetables. Voila! Eating clean, healthy whole foods is the best way to counter what’s going to be all around you during the Holidays.
This is the kind of dish that allows me to remain super mindful on being healthful while not compromising on taste.. Tasteful and Clean eating.. With that being said, this is a dish to break up the battle of the Autumn bulges while delivering on flavor. I know at this time of the year, there will be many pot luck dinners, school community events, fall festival celebrations, Halloween, Thanksgiving, religious functions that you will be either attending or donating a dish.
CHEFS CHOICE: SWEET POTATOES, RUSSET POTATOES, MUSHROOMS, RED ONIONS, EGGPLANT, ZUCCHINI, GREEN PEPPERS.
Memories of countless cheesy, cholesterol laden casseroles, pasta bustin dishes, carbohydrate crazy cocktails that will try to draw you in. Don’t do it. Your friends will be happy you’re bringing Balsamic Roasted Vegetables instead. It’s Simply very cost effective and absolutely Delicious… The flexibility with this dish allows you to substitute your favorite vegetables for roasting…. Allowing you to make a dozen different vegetable variations…
What temperature do you roast vegetables in the oven?
I roast my vegetables on a higher temperature, 400-425F. Creating caramelization and crispness.
- Preheating the oven. 425F
- Cut all the vegetables the same size.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over the vegetables.
- Toss in herbs,
- Arrange vegetables on a large sheet pan.To ensure even cooking & browning, make sure you give the vegetables a toss while it’s cooking in the oven (@ the 20 minute mark)
What do you do with left over roasted vegetables- should you have any???
Here’s what you can do:
- Make delicious hash browns
- Use them as a side dish
- Put them in a panini with peanut sauce. (my favorite) peanut sauce makes everything delicious.
- Puree them and make a delicious soup, lighten it up with chicken stock and a little coconut milk.