This delicious Chicken and Spinach Manicotti recipe is a great way to enjoy Italian cuisine with a healthier twist. The manicotti pasta is stuffed with a creamy mixture of ricotta cheese, chicken and spinach, then topped with a flavorful tomato sauce.
This dish is perfect for a family dinner or special occasion. It can be prepared in advance and will be sure to impress your guests. Enjoy this classic Italian dish with a healthy twist!
Delicious Tips for Making Homemade Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the manicotti shells for about 10 minutes. Drain the shells and set aside to cool.
3. In a skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and spinach in olive oil over medium heat until the spinach is wilted and the onion is softened.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and the sautéed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Fill each manicotti shell with the chicken and spinach mixture, and place it in the baking dish in a single layer.
7. Pour the marinara sauce over the manicotti shells.
8. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Top 5 Ways to Add Extra Flavor to Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
1. Use a Pesto or Alfredo Sauce: Topping the manicotti with a flavorful pesto or Alfredo sauce will add a delicious and creamy texture to the dish.
2. Top with Fresh Herbs: Adding fresh herbs like basil, oregano, or parsley to the top of the manicotti will add an earthy flavor to the dish.
3. Add Cheese: Sprinkling a generous amount of Parmesan or mozzarella cheese over the manicotti will add a savory flavor and additional texture to the dish.
4. Use Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes will add a sweet and smoky flavor to the dish.
5. Add Spices: Sprinkling garlic powder, onion powder, or Italian seasoning over the top of the manicotti will add a hint of spice and flavor to the dish.
The Best Side Dishes to Serve with Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
Roasted Garlic and Herb Potatoes
Roasted Garlic and Herb potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with Chicken and Spinach Manicotti. To make this dish, simply toss cubed potatoes with olive oil, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Green Beans and Mushrooms:
Green beans and mushrooms make a delicious side dish for Chicken and Spinach Manicotti. To make this dish, heat butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté sliced mushrooms until browned. Add trimmed green beans and sauté for a few minutes before seasoning with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the green beans are tender.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Salad
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Salad is a delicious and refreshing side dish that goes well with Chicken and Spinach Manicotti. To make this dish, combine cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, and diced tomatoes in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix until combined. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a flavorful and healthy side dish that goes great with Chicken and Spinach
How to Make a Healthy Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
- 8 ounces manicotti shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the manicotti shells and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ground chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, and cooked chicken mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff each manicotti shell with the chicken and spinach mixture and arrange in the baking dish. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve
An Easy Guide to Creating a Creamy Chicken and Spinach Manicotti Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-ounce carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) chunky-style spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano, basil, parsley flakes, and cayenne pepper. Stir in cooked onion and garlic, parsley, spinach, and chicken.
4. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9×13
The Chicken and Spinach Manicotti recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious Italian dinner. It’s easy to make, and the combination of chicken, spinach and cheese makes it a hearty and flavorful meal.
The creamy sauce adds a nice touch of richness that ties everything together. This recipe is sure to be a hit with family and friends alike!
You might also like: